Both the central organization for the BCC Federation and six joint initiatives held an extraordinary representative council meeting at Oslofjord Convention Center. 182 elected representatives participated, and there were more than 400 observers from different countries. BCC Norway had its national meeting and Samvirk had its annual general meeting on the same day.
At the weekend’s meeting, the revised business plan and budget for 2024 were presented and adopted.
The business plan and budget for 2024 were presented and adopted, and there were changes to the board. Esther Huemer-Nilsen and Tore Aslaksen were elected as new board members.
In addition, information was provided on the organization of A-team, which is composed of work, leisure and savings. The organization called BCC A-team is responsible for the leisure part of the program, including Bible teaching and cultural exchange.
Change in the board: One board member resigned and Jan Oscar Kvitberg was elected as chairman of the board.
The budget and business plan for 2024 were adopted, and the strategy plan up to 2026 was presented for information.
Activities on the music front are now consolidated in the joint initiative BCC Music. The budget and business plan for 2024 were adopted, but a comprehensive assessment of the music segment will continue. Rune Stadven was elected as chairman of the board. Rune Stadven was elected as chairman of the board.
A new joint initiative is being established in the USA and will be responsible for live streaming from the conferences at Brunstad. This has previously been part of BCC Media’s activities. The 2024 business plan and budget for BCC Connect were adopted.
The BCC Federation
The long-term financial plan
The most comprehensive issue at the meeting concerned finances. Several resolutions in the three previous Assembly of Representative meetings have laid the foundation for the plan to be adopted. Good financial management is crucial for running a healthy church and in succeeding with the vision of spreading the gospel to everyone who wants to learn to live according to the teachings of Jesus.
The Assembly of Representatives adopted the long-term financial plan for the BCC Federation and several of the joint initiatives in the Federation for the period 2024-27. Long-term financial plans for Samvirk and the Oslofjord Group were also presented for information. Below are some of the points that were explained in the presentation:
- Each organization has its own long-term financial plan and is responsible for adhering to it
- Quarterly deviation reporting is planned from 2024 onwards. The reports will be made available to the Assembly of Representative.
- The contingency fund is being discontinued, but the local churches are still responsible for the risks in the long-term financial plans
- Requirements for local management: Many local churches will have their loans to the Brunstad Foundation repaid during the period. Pending the adoption of a framework for local management, the Assembly of Representatives sets some restrictions on how the funds can be used.
- It is recommended that local churches prepare financial plans that take into account both local and central risks
Revised budget and business plan for 2024
The Assembly of Representatives adopted the following for the summarized activity budget for 2024:
- Total funds raised for the objectives: approx. NOK 586 million
- Operating profit: approximately NOK 61 million
- Net cash flow, positive: approx. NOK 59.7 million
The following budget was adopted for the BCC Federation (the central association):
- Total funds raised for the objectives: approx. NOK 330 million
- Activity surplus: approx. NOK 9 million
Admission of the Brunstad Foundation to the BCC Federation
A resolution to admit the Brunstad Foundation to the Federation was adopted, with the proviso that the requested demerger is first approved by the Norwegian Foundation Supervisory Authority. The intention is then that BCC Fund and the Brunstad Foundation will be merged into a single asset management foundation.
These committees and task forces are operational:
- The Nomination Committee
- The Audit Committee
- The Legal Committee
- The Finance Committee
- The Youth Committee
- The Children’s Committee
- 60+ committee
- The IT Committee
- The task force for the donation model
- The task force for campaigns