The volunteers collaborated with BCC Event as organizers, and project manager Ruth Hauptmann was very satisfied with the result.
– It has been a fantastic project. At the start, I was a bit anxious about how it would work out to work together across four local churches, she says and continues: – But there were so many good ideas, and the different people took responsibility so that the tasks were distributed among many.
Many details must be put in place before an international event of this size can be carried out. Working with the feast evening made a big impression, says project employee Randi Reinhardt.
– We worked with the theme for the conference, which is “Joined together into one body”, and we have brought out stories about women who lived at the beginning of the last century. It made a really strong impression on us.
Women of faith
The films during the feast meeting gave a small insight into the faithfulness towards God and their heavenly calling that these women showed. Several of them faced demanding situations in their lives, but they stood firm and upright in the belief that God could do a work in the individual. This is how they built the church in their time, and the whole evening became an incentive for women today to do the same.
– Working on this topic ahead of the conference has also spurred us on to faithfulness for our own part, says Randi.
Love becomes visible through unity in the work
They told us about a unity in the work that made it easy both to plan and to carry out.
– When we came here to Brunstad and were about to start, there was an older sister who said that the love was completely evident in the work. You notice that because it is so good to be here, says Ruth.
For the participants, the effort from the volunteers was also clearly noticeable. The mingling areas were nicely decorated and in several places, you could take a break to hear rich stories about women from various times in the church’s history.
Cooperating across local churches is something of its own and produces special requirements. But the volunteers must also work with the organizer, namely BCC Event. The project manager from Germany is excited about how well this went.
– I just have to say that BCC Event has arranged things so well with structure and communication, so that it was easy for us as a local church to contribute in this way.
Inspiration for personal godliness
The record number of 5,700 participants heard a message that inspired them not only to know God’s word as a teaching, but to live as it is written. A personal life with God leads to godliness in daily life.
These words from John’s letter closed the conference:
“That which was from the beginning, that which we have heard, that which we have seen with our eyes, that which we have looked upon and our hands have touched, concerning the Word of life – and life was revealed, and we have seen it and testify and proclaim you the life, the eternal, which was with the Father and was revealed to us – what we have seen and heard, we proclaim to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and his Son, Jesus Christ.” 1. John. 1, 1-3